(together, "Critical Elements," "we," or "us") are concerned about privacy issues and want you to be familiar with how we collect,
Personal Information We Collect
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
We collect Personal Information when you participate in various opportunities that we provide, such as:
- When you register to use the Site
- When you complete your Site profiles
- When you make a request or otherwise contact us
We may combine the Personal Information we collect from you with information we receive from and about you in other online and offline contexts,
as well as with information we receive about you from other sources.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to permit you to use the various features of the Site;
- To send you notifications, as requested by you;
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products or services, improving our services, and identifying usage trends.
We may also use it to enhance the Site or our other websites. For example, we combine your public profile information with that office Hours other Site
users and, to the extent permitted by law, use it, in a non-personally identifiable format, to help apartment seekers on our other websites find a
property that best suits their needs and interests; and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public
and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect
our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the
damages that we may sustain.
How We Disclose Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers, to enable them to provide services to us. In addition, Critical Elements may use Personal Information
for its own statistical and comparative purposes, but it will not disclose such information to any other person in any manner that would permit
the recipient to identify Site users;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any
portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from
public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available
remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-Personal Information We Collect
"Non-Personal Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information
- IP address
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, \
computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
- IP Address: Your Internet Protocol ("IP") Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by User
your Internet Service Provider. We automatically log your IP Address when you visit the Site. We can use it to help diagnose problems with
our server, as well as to administer the Site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
We may use your IP address to help protect ourselves and our partners from fraud. For system administration purposes, we also log IP server
addresses and catalog traffic patterns through our Site. However, we do not link this information to users' personal information.
- Using cookies: Cookies are small pieces of information stored directly on the computer you are using. Cookies allow us to identify you
when you log into the Site. They also allow us to collect information about your use of the Site, such as time spent on the Site and pages
personalized and secure. We also use the usage information collected through cookies to understand how individuals use the Site and to
improve its design and functionality. You can refuse to accept cookies by following your browser's instructions; however, if you do not
accept them, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site. To learn more about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site. For example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information
as long as it is combined.
responsible for, the privacy or other practices of any third parties, including any party operating any site to which this Site links.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data
transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with
us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify
us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
NOTE REGARDING CHILDREN
The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such children.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country
or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for
use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for
complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or
jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint
regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
. You may also contact us by writing to Critical Elements, LLC, 16808 NE 106th St.
Redmond, WA 98052. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services
of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834.