1. Which web browsers are supported by Charter.Tools?
Charter.Tools works best with Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Currently, some of the features do not work with Microsoft Internet Explorer and therefore users must avoid using it at this time.
We will be updating this question from time to time, as new versions of the above web browsers are constantly being released to users.
2. When I am trying to attach a file to a benchmark, the file is not uploaded. What am I doing wrong?
This is most likely because you are using the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser. Switch to another web browser (see question #1) and try again.
3. When selecting a file for upload, the file name is preceded by "C:\fakepath" which is not a folder on my computer. Why is that?
This is a security feature in new web browsers that have support for the HTML5 web standard (all major browsers currently support it). You can change the settings to show the real folder name on your computer by adding apps.charter-tools.com to your list of trusted web sites.
4. I cannot download any files from Charter.Tools; even files that I uploaded. What is going on?
This is most likely due to a special content filtering software that your IT department installed to protect your network from malicious software. This software prevents users from downloading files from web sites that were not approved by your IT department.
In order to resolve this issue, your IT manager must add the following Internet domain names to the list of approved / authorized web sites:
5. I don't have a user account and when I try to sign up, I am told that my email address already exist. How can it be?
Security is very important to us. Therefore, when a person tries to sign up with an email address that is already in our database, we cannot allow them to continue with the registration process.
You are seeing this error message because another user added your information to the school roster. Doing so does not grant you access to the system, it only lists you as a contact person.
The only solution is to sign up using a different valid email address that doesn't exist in our database. Once you are cleared by the school district, you can request that we modify this email address.
Simply send the support team an email message.